top of page
Shizuoka University was inaugurated on June 1, 1949, following approval on May 31 of the same year for the university's establishment through the unification of five educational institutions: the former Shizuoka High School, Shizuoka Normal School and Shizuoka 2nd Normal School, Shizuoka Normal School for Youth and Hamamatsu College of Technology.
Subsequently, the university absorbed Shizuoka Prefectural College of Agriculture, moved to its present Shizuoka and Hamamatsu Campuses, and by undertaking the reorganization and enlargement of its faculties and other educational departments, assumed its present form. In the years to come, the university will continue to make efforts to upgrade and enrich its structure.
bottom of page